Clinical Administrative Assistant-Transcriptionist - Dermatology Job
Full Job Title: Clinical Administrative Assistant/Transcriptionist - Dermatology - Full Time
Job Number: 441174
Location: Lakeland, FL
Education: High School Diploma or GE.D
Experience: Three years dermopathology transcription experience. One-year general secretarial experience. Medical testing requirement for Level III Transcriptionist. 1 yr dermatology or dermpath experience is required.
Other Requirements: Good verbal and written communication skills. Proper grammar and accurate spelling skills. Knowledge of medical terminology in multi-specialties. Meet testing criteria for Level III Transcriptionist. Proficient in basic computer skills. Prefer ability to type corrected minimum 55 wpm.
- Transcribes medical dictation. Meets quality standards of 98% accuracy.
- Tracks and files slides and pathology as appropriate. Retrieves copies of pathology reports as necessary.
- Maintains weekly update of all slides sent out for special stains.
- Maintains list of all path reports delivered to derm offices with nurse signature indicating receipt of reports. Other duties as assigned.
- Enters demographic information into data base, enters Biopsy locations, clinical diagnosis, prepares Pathology reports which she organizes and prepares for physician review-makes corrections as needed.
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures.
Back to top