LPN-CSA-MA - OBGYN Job
Full Job Title: LPN Specialist or Certified Surgical Assistant or Medical Assistant Specialist - OB/GYN - Full Time
Job Number: 482667
Location: Lakeland, FL
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE NEED TO BE A CST OR AN LPN OR A MEDICAL ASSISTANT
CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECH Requirements are:
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of OR Technology.
Experience: Two years experience in a surgical environment.
Other Requirements: CPR certification to be completed within three months of employment. Credentialing with LRMC must be received within six months of employment.
- Aseptic technique. Follows the appropriate technique as defined by AORN guidelines for the hand scrub. Initiates corrective action when a break in technique occurs. Inspects/maintains sterility of supplies/trays. Protects integrity of the sterile field.
- Preparation of surgical field. Assists in gathering of all supplies needed for the procedure. Assists in transferring the patient to the OR table and verifies identity of the patient. Positions patient safely on table. Performs the proper surgical scrub on the correct operative site. Drapes for maximum exposure to the operative site.
- Retracting. Retracts as directed by the physician. Consistently retracts the tissues to maintain adequate exposure while maintaining the safety of the patient.
- Maintenance of surgical site. Provides correct sponging, direct pressure and clamping. Operates suction equipment. Provides cautery as directed, demonstrating correct use to avoid destruction of tissue. Responds appropriately to the needs of the surgeon. Adheres to the standards of care as outlined by the American Operation Nurses Association.
- Closure of incision. Identifies the correct suturing method for the area involved. Demonstrates competency in the correct method of suturing/knot tying for the various types of tissue. Coordinates suturing move with the surgeon and cuts sutures appropriately. Utilizes stapling devices appropriately. Secures drainage devices.
LPN SPECIALIST Requirements are:
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Practical Nursing and possesses an active Florida State licensure.
Experience: One (1) year experience is required, preferably in a health care setting.
Other Requirements: CPR certification within three months of employment.
- Calculates medication dosages according to body weight, administers and documents medication as prescribed by the ordering physician.
- Applies principles of the child’s growth and development in his/her daily clinical practice.
- Identifies, assumes and plans for the educational needs of the parents and families.
- Identifies and evaluates the patient and family needs by way of telephone triage.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to pediatric emergencies.
- Adheres to Nursing policy and procedures when documenting information in the patient’s medical record.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT SPECIALIST Requirements are:
Education: High school diploma or GED. Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program. Medical Assistant Certification by the American Association of Medical Assistant (AAMA) or American Medical Technologists (AMT) is required.
Experience: Prior Experience or training in ambulatory health care facility is required.
Other Requirements: CPR certification to be completed within three months of employment.
- Summons and prepares patient for office visit.
- Assists the physician with medical office procedures
- Administers medication, including injections; documents medication given or prescribed by ordering physicians as required by specialty.
- Adheres to nursing policy and procedure when documenting information in patient’s medical record.
- Maintains the integrity of the office
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining current certification in CPR.
- Accepts responsibility for reading and referencing new policies and procedures and Nursing Update newsletters.
Back to top