Laboratory Assistant Job
Full Job Title: Laboratory Assistant - Full Time
Job Number: 478991
Location: Bartow, FL
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: At least one year previous experience working in a laboratory or physician’s office as a Phlebotomist.
Other Requirements: CPR certification within 3 months of employment.Knowledge of specimen collection, specimen requirements, specimen integrity and specimen handling. Knowledge of basic medical terminology and data entry. Ability to utilize resources to resolve difficult and unusual tasks.
- Phlebotomy skills are such that specimens are obtained correctly and specimen integrity is maintained.
- Verifies accurate and correct information on patients and proceeds to accurate labeling of specimens.
- Accurate data entry skills in verifying correct patient information and requested tests.
- Professional attitude with patients including assistance with patients’ questions and giving instructions on specimen collection and handling.
- Maintains a well-stocked and clean and orderly work area.
- Adheres to all safety standards in the handling of biohazardous specimens and contaminated phlebotomy equipment.
Back to top