Medical Technologist Job
Full Job Title: Medical Technologist - Full Time
Job Number: 472365
Location: Lakeland, FL
Education: Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or related Science degree along with the successful completion of an approved formal training program in Medical Technology.
Experience: Previous experience in a clinical laboratory setting with experience processing specimens for analysis or referral. Experience in the collection of specimens for testing. Experience with laboratory information systems and related computer programs.
Other Requirements: Active State of Florida license as a Medical Technologist in Hematology, Chemistry, Microbiology, and Serology. Registry with either ASCP, AMT, NCA, AAB, or HEW preferred.
- Accurate and reproducible results of routine and complex manual and automated testing as ordered by the clinician or Laboratory Director. Results are produced in a timely manner.
- Performs and understands quality control programs including evaluation of values, documentation of errors and corrective action, and the maintenance of records in the appropriate logs.
- Performs and records scheduled equipment maintenance, troubleshooting of equipment problems, and provides immediate notification to department supervisor in the event of any malfunctions.
- Recognizes normal and life-threatening results and follows protocol for notification of results to the clinician along with complete documentation on worksheets and in the LIS.
- Proficient operation of the LIS and other computer related programs. Keeps current with changes and upgrades to each system.
- Participates in Proficiency Testing programs along with other departmental quality assurance programs. Understands the importance of specimen integrity and recognizes any events that may compromise the quality of testing and reporting of results. Willingness to assume other duties as required.
Back to top