Patient Financial Services Representative-Senior Job
Full Job Title: Patient Financial Services Rep Senior - Patient Relations
Job Number: 480580
Location: Lakeland, FL
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent required.
Experience: Two years medical billing experience, plus call center experience. Business office equipment experience required.
Other Requirements: Has a good speaking voice and is able to communicate ideas in a professional manner. Ability to assess complex situations where multiple options are available and decide upon the best course of action. The ability to conduct thorough research concerning financial matters in a friendly, clear, concise manner. Demonstrate creative and resourceful problem solving skills. Excellent public relations skills including effective handling of hostile behaviors.
- Answers all telephone incoming calls directed to PFS concerning patient accounts. Stays within department standard.
- Accesses and updates information through the use of the billing system and interprets information to answer patient inquiry.
- Refers complex problems that require in-depth research and follow up to the appropriate area.
- Answers patient correspondence, including emails received either by written or verbal response within department standards.
- Advises patients of their financial responsibility and Watson Clinic policy when necessary. Request payment after their inquiry is explained.
- Work and update address changes received from the US Postal Office. (avg monthly address corrections = 1700 pieces per person
Back to top