Patient Service Specialist - Call Center Job
Full Job Title: Patient Service Specialist - Call Center - PRN
Job Number: 480291
Location: Lakeland, FL
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent (GED)
Requirements (within the last five (5) years):
- A minimum of two (2) years customer service experience.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience within the medical insurance environment. A college degree in related field may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Preferred medical appointment scheduling for multiple specialty physician group.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with internal and external customers (this includes a clear speaking voice).
- Ability to type and enter data with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail.
Working in a fast-paced, high-volume Call Center environment, the Patient Service Specialist (PSS) receives incoming and makes outgoing telephone calls to patients to schedule or reschedule appointments. In addition the PSS schedules appointments based upon physician referrals and schedules hospital follow-up appointments based upon discharge or ER instructions.
The PSS is responsible for scheduling appointments for multiple providers and specialties, each with a unique protocol and instructions, and confirming patient insurance is accepted.
Back to top