Patient Service Specialist Job
Full Job Title: Patient Service Specialist - CRM-Highlands - Part Time
Job Number: 474100
Location: Lakeland, FL
Education: High school graduate or equivalent (GED).
Requirements: These staff members will be working directly with our patients and must possess the following:
- Good public relations skills to effectively communicate with internal and external customers (includes clear voice and good listening skills)
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision with an ability to exercise judgment and discretion
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must have basic knowledge and experience of Windows-based computer applications.
- Must have accurate keyboard skills
- Must possess professional appearance and manner.
- Must be able to sit for long/extended periods of time.
- Must be able to get up and down from chair/stool with ability to walk to equipment and offices.
Other Requirements – within the last five (5) years:
- 1+ years experience within medical/insurance environment
- Medical terminology and/or knowledge in the medical field
- 2-3 years of customer service
- Verifies patient’s address and phone number, updating emergency contact information to include guarantor and addresses (i.e., seasonal, parents, etc.) as well as Meaningful Use information. Verifies demographics and performs a complete patient search to avoid duplicate patients. Provides questionnaires and/or appropriate forms to patients according to physician/provider protocols.
- Accurately verifies payment sources are entered into EPM including the appropriate case built and attached (i.e., liability, work comp, agency, grants, employer, legal). Accurately runs eligibility of insurances.
- Monitors lobby to ensure patients are not waiting excessive amounts of time and courteously advise patients of wait times when physicians/ providers run behind. Arrives patients in a timely manner. Monitors reading material maintained in lobby, removing any items with inappropriate content. Keep lobby neat and clean throughout the day.
- Schedules and cancels appointments accurately following physician, provider, desk and location protocols. Proportionately arrives and schedules appointments. Runs report sets as applicable.
- Collects payments using appropriate payment codes and issues receipts. Follows IDX Alert policy prior to scheduling appointment. Follows PFS collection comments. Closes batch accurately and prior to leaving for the day, depositing in
Back to top