Registered Nurse (RN) Job
Full Job Title: Registered Nurse Float - PRN
Job Number: 456740
Location: Lakeland, FL
Education: Current Florida license as a Registered Nurse. BSN degree preferred.
Experience: Two (2) years of experience in either Critical Care or Emergency Department is required.
Other Requirements: Current ACLS certification is required. CPR certification within three months of employment.
- Evaluates and manages patient needs. Plans patient care utilizing physician protocol and professional judgment. Notifies physician of patients’ status based on urgency. Identifies and evaluates patient needs by way of telephone triage. Administers medications, including injections and IV’s; documents medications given or prescribed by ordering physician as required by specialty. Recognizes and responds to emergency situations as appropriate.
- Assists with hospital procedures and/or surgeries and coordinates scheduling surgical procedures.
- Identifies patient and family education needs and provides instruction. Determines patient’s level of understanding of their disease process and formulate educational plan (i.e., medications, procedures, surgical or procedural preps, or instruction. Provides patient teaching and information based on physician order, planned intervention, patient comprehension level.
- Demonstrates awareness of self-responsibility and accountability for own professional practice. Practices nursing skills in accordance with licensure and Clinic P+P. Exercises good judgment in decision making to ensure quality patient care outcomes. Acts as resource person to Clinic and outside caregivers.
- Assists with the flow of patients to maintain the integrity of the physician office and assists the physician with medical office procedures as needed.
Back to top